Scholarships can be a great help in planning the financial aspects for education overseas, especially if you have a restrictive financial plan to invest in higher studies.
To ensure an upsurge in the number of international students, the universities and colleges all over the world are providing an increased number of international scholarships. From program and major specific to general study abroad scholarships, there is something for everyone.
Gaining an in depth knowledge will open new possibilities for you and will ease your process to zero in on the right destination.
Role of our Career Advisors
Our career advisors assist you to
Streamline the process
Navigate your way to the right university
Avail the right scholarships as per your eligibility
They also coordinate with the university and assist you with the formalities involved in availing the granted funding.
Govt. of Telangana Scholarship for Backward Classes Students to Study Abroad for PG Programs With a view to enable the benefit of higher education in Foreign Universities to meritorious Backward Classes Students and thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the country and aboard, Telangana Government after careful examination hereby order to introduce a new scheme of “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
“Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” will be initially sanctioned to (300) BC Students every year and is open to all eligible graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject
BC Students whose family income is less than “Rs.1,50,000/- in Rural Areas and Rs.2,00,000/- in Urban Areas.” Per annum from all sources are eligible, In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest tax assessment as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application.
The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 30 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
One Child in a Family Award:
Not more than one child of the same parents / guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect a self certificate will be required from the candidate. The awardees cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a life time.
Countries Eligible under the Scheme:
USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- He / She should have a valid TOEFL / IELTS & GRE / GMAT.
- He / She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
- He / She should possess a valid Passport.
- The Candidate should make his/her own efforts in seeking admission in an accredited University / Institution Abroad.
- The selected candidate has to join the concerned University within one year of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time, the
award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
- The candidate shall not change the course of study for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the
Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of Visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course in
abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
- The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are
liable to be rejected.
- Scholarship Amount:
- Fees: Fees shall be payable in two instalments as follows:
- Instalment-I: An amount of 10.00 Lakhs shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card (Immigration
- Instalment-II: An amount of 10.00 Lakhs shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
- Sanction Proceedings specifying the amount of 20.00 Lakhs will be issued to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to
his/her joining into the Course to the Candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be used by the Candidates for
obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
The Student shall be eligible for an educational loan of 10.00 Lakhs from any nationalized bank at prevailing rates of interest.